1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skype Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by exonje, Dec 3, 2015.

1. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Hi peeps,

Me again, asking more questions!

I have a second interview next week with the director of a company, who is based in another country and it will be via Skype. I have the option of using the companies equipment or connecting via home. I am leaning towards doing it at home as I will be more comfortable, but what equipment will I need? What will give the best quality? Will a cheapy webcam with mic built in suffice like this one. Or will I need a more expensive camera and a proper headset like so?

Or will something like this be better rather than a headset? An actual phone on loudspeaker.

Or shall I Just go into the office?!
  2. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

I just use a Microsoft Lifecam HD and a wired Plantronics headset.

I don't find cheap webcams very good, and noise isolation of camera mics is not good.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
    exonje likes this.
  3. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Similarly to dmarsh I have also found webcam mics to be poor and so I'd recommend getting a headset and webcam separately.