1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server+ Lack Of Interest??

Discussion in 'Server+' started by Ian_S, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Ian_S

Ian_S New Member

Hi.

Just looking at this forum I realise a distinct lack of interest? Is it the fact that people feel this exam is not worth the effort or money for the recognition received? Just wondered as I looked at the objectives for this on the CompTIA website and found it quite interesting? I know there have been posts in the past stating this exam is too close to being a combination of the A+ and Network+ but I just wondered what other people thought about this track?

Cheers.

Certifications: None as yet.
    WIP: A+
  2. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I'm actually going to take both the Server+ and Security+ exams sometime this year. I just want to get my 292 (MCSA2K3 upgrade) exam out of the way first.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

It's just a very popular exam tbh compared to the A+ and Network+ exams. That doesn't mean it's not worth having. I will be taking this exam but it's low down on my list. One thing that does put me off about it is that it's a total ripoff like most CompTIA exams.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The Server+ course can be a useful one to have, as it covers things some good topics, such as introducing you to linux.

Anyone who uses a local college to do the Cisco Academy's IT Essentials 2 course will in effect be following the server+ syllabus.

8)