Scheidegger

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Joy, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Joy

Joy New Member

Just an update on my previous posting regarding the Scheidegger book-keeping course. I cancelled the finance agreement by letter the following day (15th July) and cancelled my application for the course on the 18th July and have today received a letter from Skills Train confirming that under the said finance agreement they have now received payment in full for my course fees and my enrolment has been fully completed!!? :ohmy

2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

When the salesman visited, you will have probably discussed finance. This is organised by a company called Clysedale, who send the course fees (your loan) to Scheidegger when everything has set up.

Call Clysedale, confirming you have cancelled your course within the given time. If you have a copy of your cancellation letter, offer to fax/post/email it to them as confirmation. And ask them to contact Scheidegger admin to iron things out. If you've cancelled in time, then the loan should be cancelled at the same time without a doubt.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Joy

Joy New Member

Yes, thanks. I've just typed a letter to them but I'll fax it as you suggest, it'll be quicker. This whole thing has really got to me somehow. :cry:

Joy

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'd phone soon after you fax them to get them to confirm receipt of it as well. Be firm, but rational - do NOT lose the rag at any stage. The key here is to keep the upper-hand by maintaing your composure throughout.

Hope you get it sorted - keep us up to speed.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Joy,

Please tell me you sent your letter to Clydesdale by recorded delivery? If you didn't I guarantee they'll claim it never arrived and you're in for some problems...

Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284
  6. Arroryn

A fax will have a sent receipt on it, confirming status sent, as another way of backup.

Sorry you're having troubles. I hope you get them sorted, and get back on track to what you want to do soon

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

True, but it doesn't confirm to the sender that the fax has been placed on the relevant desk in the relevant dept. That's what we want to ensure here.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Um, Arroryn, the problem is proving you sent the cancellation letter during your cooling off period. After that whatever you say is immaterial - you're legally bound to pay back the loan. I suspect, with Scheidegger sending that last letter, the cooling off period is now over. I hope I've misunderstood...

9. Arroryn

That's sadly true. Our building has two faxes, our stockists normally have one. And faxes still somehow manage to get 'lost in the ethyr' as I am frequently told.

But a special delivery/first class sent out tomorrow will be next day - would hopefully still fall into the ranges of your agreement cancellation period Joy?

Keep us posted on how you get on.

10. Arroryn

Yeah, I got that one after I posted... :oops: but I think there is a longer 'cooling off' with finance agreements?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/asktheexperts/credit/credit08.shtml

don't know if that helps, but if you've had no letter correspondence from Clydesdale yet, you might still be ok.

11. Joy

Joy New Member

Thanks all, for your help and suggestions. Yes I did send the cancellation letter by recorded delivery. Thank God I did something right!

Joy

12. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Nope. You only get five days after receiving the agreement from Clydesdale to cancel. I was in a similar nightmare situation so I've been there and bought the t-shirt (and baseball cap...)

Phew. That's where our stories differ - I was stupid enough not to send it recorded delivery (busy at work next day, in a rush to get it there, never ever had a letter go missing in all my life... spooky that this was the first, eh?)

13. Joy

Joy New Member

I am still having trouble finding out anything concrete. Skills train weren't aware of the cancellation but say they will inform me by letter when it has gone through the system. Clydesdale Financial Services said they didn't have any record of an account under my name.

What is really worrying me is the so called tutor who did the home visit. I have stopped answering my telephone, he has left 3 messages today saying I should contact him and he's going to pursue me for his time wasted through monies.

I haven't returned any of his calls because I really don't want to speak to him, I feel completely intimidated by him.

14. Joy

Joy New Member

Someone much wiser than me advised me to send it recorded!