1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running 2 versions of firefox at the same time

Discussion in 'Software' started by dales, Nov 21, 2008.

1. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

Just been asked to install 2 different versions of FF by one of our developer guys, for testing purposes>

Thought i'd share this blog entry I found on the process, just as a note the profile names appear to be case sensitive.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Heh, random, but useful if the need ever arises.

Thanks for the info. :thumbleft

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Useful for me indeed.

Had to install 4 concurrent versions of Lotus Notes for our developers recently. That was fun

Now to figure out how to cleanly uninstall them . . .. . . note to self - stop using primary work system to test notes registry hack weirdness

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

...note FROM self TO skulkerboyo...

Use VMWare :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Aye. Couldnt agree more

Still new to this and lacking a certain level of finesse:oops:

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  6. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Depends how dependent you are on plug-ins. when FF3 first came out people rushed to install and found that most plugins didnt work , nor had up grades. Some had to wait months for developers to catch up.

Installing in different directory's worked fine for me , however, couldn't have both running at same time.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots