Results analysis

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Apr 22, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ok for an assignment, we did two websites one bad, and one goodd. we tested the first site with a set of users and with the same users we altered our new site too incorporate what they said. Sonow we are about to present the findings of our analysis etc.

Im not sure how to goabout it though. I have the two sets of results sat in front off me now, and there is a noticeable diffference in the results, so should i do a difference graph to illustrate the time that or new site has saved or is there another way to present it ???

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What type of data are we dealing with here mate? Just 'time saved'?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zxspectrum

I dont think so Sparky. Its part of a usability study and the new site we created was because of the feedback. There were 5 questions that wre timed, which were done with a set of users,the second test consisted of the same questtions with the same users. So i can put all these into excel if i want and get a nice little graph for boths sets. But this is basically showing 2 sets of results, should i analyse them in more detail. If that is the case shouls i analyse all of the results as there were 4 sections over all.

There was the timed section that i have mentioned, a Likert scale type of survey, on sectoin wit a general queeston where the user had to write his opinion and a final section where the user gave extra comments etc???

I know how to go about thefirst two sectoins i think, but im not sure about the other 2 sections???

Ed

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ahh, I see what you mean.

Well as the opinions are just written text you may want to evaluate them in terms of if they are positive or a negative opinion. For example you could say something like "Out of 30 people 20 of them gave a postive opinion to the site".

Also there may be other trends in there, have some people commented on exactly the same thing?

Lastly for the original graph you are going to use I would suggest putting a couple of bullet points to quickly identify what trend the graph is showing and if needed whoever is reading the report can refer to the graph for more detail.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. zxspectrum

I see what your getting at sparky

Cheers for the advice

Ed