recommended USB analog joypads?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mallet, Dec 3, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Is that standard keyboard and Mouse or do you use this one?

I think it looks OTT but it's designed for gaming?
    I am playing Enter the Matrix with Keyboard and mouse and finding it difficult for movement and jumping/shooting and using the focus key. Has anyone else played Enter the Matrix?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

You have to let us know how you get on with the xbox controller on COD4.

GBL - Have you had any problems with sound on COD4? Only I have a Realtrek onboard Sound card and the sounds keeps breaking up. Might have to by an external creative sound card.:(

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I havent but Noelg plays Matrix online, I believe it has similar keys, maybe pm him and he could tell you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Good idea!

GBL How's that job hunting going? Have you had any interviews yet?

5. greenbrucelee

I had one while ago but didnt get it.

I applied for a job at the end of October and the closing date was the 9th November I phoned them up three weeks ago because I hadn't heard anything. When I phoned the Lady I spoke to said I would definetley hear something either way but they were still sifting through potential interviewees.

I still havent heard anything, and there hasn't been anything new locally for a couple of weeks.

6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Gutted mate! That other company sound a bit slow are they NHS:biggrin

Anyway, don't give up I'm sure it's only a matter of time!!

7. greenbrucelee

NO its an accountancy firm.

I also have onboard RealTEK audio and I havent had a problem with anygames, I was playing COD4 last night, maybe you should reinstall the driver for it to see if that sorts it out.

8. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Iam planning on using it for Sonic DX and track mania united and any others that come to my mind. But its also a replacement for my Logitech wingman, I hate the dpad on it. I still have the Original Microsoft sidewinder with the spare game port on the front of the pad. it felt so right and comfortable, i miss it :(

Best of luck with future interviews GBL.:thumbleft

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  9. greenbrucelee

cheers mate :)

10. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

does anyone seem to have problem playing analog games on pcs? I just got the microsoft analog joypad and it seems to be doing this annoying scrolling with the menus.
    what happens is, if you leave the analog alone it would just scroll down on the menus or pan the camera. if you press it the opposite way it doesnt happen. it is seriously annoying and I dont know if I should keep it, and I have no idea if I get a replacement it will continue to happen. :mad
    Games I tried it on where sonic dx and sega rally 2 which you can get demos of.

-Mallet

11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Oh No!:ohmy Don't tell me that, I have ordered the Xbox controller for windows from Play.com.:( When I use to play Need for speed most wanted with the saitek game pad, it did roll the menus and the made the spray jobs on the career mode change. What about looking on google there must be an update driver or game pad controller file for those games??

Mallet - did you uninstall your old gamepad drivers/software there might be a conflict somwhere?8)

12. greenbrucelee

You need to uninstall the drivers you currently have on, go to http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/download.mspx choose your OS etc and download the driver, I have nevr had that problem with the 360 controller (yet).

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks for the tip GBL, but I haven't got the controller - MS xbox 360. i was referring to the old saitek game pad. Although the other one saitek 2900 I have had no problems with on Win xp or Vista just the mouse look that's pants. I hope the MS xbox controller will be better. :biggrin

14. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the link GBL, unfortunately it didnt work :(

I uninstall the drivers like you said. then I also tried updating the new drivers for it, and still didnt work.
    Although, I have found out on some games theres no dead zone such as sega rally. which means even the slightest of touches on the analog it can just set it off. Its doesnt seem too bad when you play it. but sonic dx uses both analog and mess up the view.

There are no previous joypads settings or anything uploaded on the laptop. I cant think of anything else loaded on the laptop that can meddle with the xbox pad. Iam stumped.

-Mallet

15. greenbrucelee

It could just be that whatever game you are playing is not compatible with the controller, I only have 4 games that I currently play COD4, BIOSHOCK (again), CRYSIS havent tried it on OBLIVION but I believe it works.

16. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Thanks GBL, i tried it on other games and it worked great, feels awesome. :biggrin and it does seem to be the game is not compatible with the controller. Cheers for helping me out :thumbleft

-Mallet