ready or not ??

Discussion in 'A+' started by Andre, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

How do you know you are ready or not? I read myers book, I'm going through different set of test, Ive got about 70-80 % correct answers. But all the time I discover areas wher I have to do some study.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

You will know when you're ready mate espcially when you're getting 70-80% of questions right and the pass mark is somewhere around 65% for both of them I believe...I am in the process of doing some more revision as I have been reading A+ Complete Study Guide from Sybex...and I have printed all the relevant objectives from the Hardware as I think thats the way to do it...I mean you may have read the whole book but in the end you only need to know the objectives for the exams...the pages I have printed out I have put them up on my wall where I am studying so when I am on my PC I can just look up at them now and then....

WIP: my life
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree that only you can know when you're ready to take an exam. As far as the 70 to 80% pass rate...it depends on the type of test. I've found that I can get high marks on a Sybex mock exam and still be shot down on "the real thing". If you can afford it, try transcender.com. You can download a free demo to try them out. If you do as well on their tests as on the others, you'll be ready.

Also, hammer on those areas that need improvement. Use your home lab as often as you can. Nothing helps you pass like experience actually working on PCs and in the OS. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Good point Trip but the demo exams from Transcender are all the same..they dont change...so I guess unless you purchase the full whack you will getting 100% everytime you answer them on the demo version...

WIP: my life