1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-Certifying and taking new exams

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Coupe2T, May 7, 2012.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Hi All,

Quick question, I know obviously with the Cisco certs that you have to re-sit to keep them current and so forth, but if I was to complete a normal CCNA, and then say 2 years later complete a CCDA or a CCNA Security or something similar, do they re-certify you on the standard CCNA? Or do you still have to re-sit.

The only reason I ask is I would like to do a few CCNA's, but i'd end up having to re-certify a LOT if I did that!?!
    Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

I'm sure someone else can confirm, but I believe one higher exam re-certifies all lower level exams on cisco tracks.
    Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Ah ok, is there a time limit on it? ie if I did 2 or 3 CCNA level certs then moved on to CCNP but my original cert was 5 years old and one of my second certs was say 3 1/2 year old then they would still all become re-certified?
    Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

As long as you don't let the cert expire before passing an upgraded one then you should be recertified.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

My CCNA Wireless renewed my CCENT and my CCNA. So to answer your question, yes :)
    Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless