1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting new skills to the test

Discussion in 'A+' started by Pheonicks56, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Well the other day my wife had me install a new program on her tablet PC, unfortunately it was trying to access and overwrite a file that was already in use, so the install wizard would hang indefinitely. I thought and I thought about what app or service could be using this file, it was a font file by the way. Well with her computer being a tablet and me not really knowing what all services and apps I should really shut down I figured give safe made a shot. Well this worked beautifully, since safe mode only loads the barebones I knew nothing would be running and the odds that the file in question would be in use was very very low. Whoooppeeee, now I know that some of this studying into the whee hours is paying off.
    Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Hehe good stuff.

That's something I like about the A+ and now the N+ - You can see where the practical knowledge can be used so it doesn't just feel like doing an exam for the sake of doing an exam.
    Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+