ProProfs

Discussion in 'A+' started by Sepher, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Sepher

Sepher Bit Poster

Hi,

Ive been studying for my A+ using a course CD by testout. I've completed all the course work for 601 exam and completed all the exams on the course disk too.

Ive been taking some test exams online at proprofs and have noticed there are a few questions on the practice exams that I haven't come across before. Do you think its anything to worry about?

Ive just done Brotherbill's exam too, is this a better representation to the current objectives for the 601 exam?

Cheers

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, MCTS Windows 7
    WIP: CompTIA Security+
  2. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

Proprofs is a valid site and it was a great help when I was revising for my A+ exams, I wouldn't worry too much about some of the questions in the practice exams, I was the same when I went through some of them! If there was anything that came up which completely threw me and looked it up afterwards.

I think some of contributors on here also contribute on there so its a good site. The Cram Sheets are really good.

Good luck with your exam :)

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yes the BrotherBilll exam is good and is similar to the real thing. Brotherbill is a member here too.

Some of the questions in the exam relate to the older 2003 objectives as do some in the other practice tests but it is still good to have that knowledge.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Sepher

Sepher Bit Poster

Ok thanks for the replies. I discovered the proprofs forum eventually. Alot of the practise exams/questions are harder then the real exam according to alot of people, but as you said its still good to have that more knowledge

5. Carlsberg Wordsworth

Carlsberg Wordsworth Bit Poster

Use it to get a feel for it. Not to remember the exact questions etc. Harder than than the real exam may be a statement that could end up biting you. And i mean that in a sincere way, not sarcastic. Just in case :biggrin

Certifications: A+ Certified
  6. Sepher

Sepher Bit Poster

Ok, well either way I'm still doing the practice tests! lol.

I can't seem to find out, but are OSI layers and Raid Arrays included in the 601? I don't recall seeing it in the objectives but a lot of the practice exams cover it. I never covered it in my course material tho.

I should be taking the test next week hopefully :D

7. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Both appear in the Mike Meyers AIO. And the CompTIA requirements are worded sufficiently vaguely that questions may appear on these subjects.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You will most certainly get hard drive question so knowing about RAID is a must, OSI will help although I didn't get any question directly related to it

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

How do you get the cram sheets from proprofs. im a member o there but dont know how to get them

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  10. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

It's ok, ive done it now...very informative ill have a read through them tomorrow

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+