Prometric no longer Delivering CompTIA exams!

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Les1977, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Les1977

Les1977 Bit Poster

Just a heads up for the folks planning to do CompTIA exams!

As from 9th July 2012 all CompTIA exams will be delivered exclusively with Pearson VUE and will no longer be available at Prometric testing centers.

Please check out the .pdf below for specific details, i.e if you have already bought your vouchers, and are planning to take exams after this date etc.

http://www.pearsonvue.com/comptia/comptia_faqs.pdf

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+ / LPIC-1
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I've found that a lot of testing centres tend to offer both anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem for most people. It's been a while since I sat a CompTIA exam, but I remember that Pearson Vue had a much nicer website and better support than Prometric.

3. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I completely agree with this.

Prometric seems a little rushed and a bit jumbled up, whereas, Pearson Vue seems a lot more professional.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Disagree, a lot places I go are one or the other, not both. So these provider changes and exclusivity deals can be a real PITA for some people.

5. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Pearson Vue seem to be better in the battle to stop cheating, They take your photo and stick it on your results sheet and file.
    I do cisco and now HP exams with them, both the centers I use do Prometric as well.

#Hp recently swapped from Prometric, bit of a pain at the beginning but ok now :-)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  6. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I prefer Vue, but it does seem customer-agnostic to require one over the other. It's possible, however, that Vue has more capabilities for testing, which may be one reason why they made the exclusivity deal.