1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prometric 2 for 1 exam vouchers?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by BraderzTheDog, Apr 29, 2012.

1. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Hey CF,

Anyone had an email from Prometric about 2 for 1 exam vouchers on MS based exams? Just wondering because I read the promo and have always been interested in taking the 70 - 640 but does anyone think that businesses are going to implement these new products realistically in the near future, or is windows 7 going to be sticking around for a little longer (win 8/ sql 2012 etc...)

Just a quick one? Anyone else taken an interest in this offer?

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

70-640 is the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring exam - which is different from the Windows 7 client exams. Added to that Windows 2008 has been around for quite a while now.

Whether or not organisations are going to be upgrading straight away to other newer technologies like Win8, SQL 2012 - it really depends on the individual organisation, their needs and what their current licensing is like. For example, we have a Software assurance licence from MS, this means that we can upgrade as soon as the version goes RTM (this is normally a couple/few weeks or even months before the software is available for general purchase - but that doesn't always mean that we will...

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

I already have attained the win 7 client side and have the mcitp, if I where to take AD config 70 - 640 I would be eligible to possibly sit the new win 8 exam for free. Since 7 has literally only just been implemented in my workplace I think it may be sticking around for a while longer.

Meh JW if anyone else was considering taking. :)

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+