Prem title

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

I dont think so :twisted:treble back to stanford bridge 8)

WIP: C++ and A+
  2. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Spoken like a true optimist! :wink:

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  3. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

4. Chelsea, Man Utd, Villa, Liverpool:D

WIP: C++ and A+
  4. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

I think Villa will finish 4th, and then in the top 6 next season.

I also think Martin O'neil is a great manager & would love him to take over as England Boss once Capello is through.. Although we did snub him last time... He's had great success at every club - Leicester, Celtic now Villa...

To be honest i'm becoming a secret Villa fan! With all the home grown talent in one team playing so well its hard not to be?? The signing of Heskey I think is also amazing to see...

I think Villa are a good example and a good role model to other clubs of how intelligent signings and good management can take you into the top 4 // 6... all these multi million + signings arn't always what there cracked up to be...

Anyone else agree?

Certifications: A+, N+
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Oh you're definitely preaching to the converted with me, Asje :)

The thing I like most about Villa, is their encouragement of young British talent too.

Sure, the top teams all encourage youngsters through the ranks, and Arsenal also have a wealth of British talent. But they also buy in, and Man Utd, who used to bring out some of the best British youngsters, are now nurturing foreign talent. Talent nevertheless, so it's exciting for the sport - but for the national team, it's not too healthy.

We've had as strong a possible national side as I've seen for ages, and what happens? Didn't even qualify for the Euros. In the future, this footballing 'class of the 00's' will be regarded as having massively failed to achieve their potential.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

I agree with you Arroryn.

What I don't understand is this... How Ashley Young isn't in the England starting 11, why Stewart Downing gets a game over Young is beyond me!? If he wasnt left footed he would be the most average player alive!

I think Capello if he doesnt start the Pair (young and gabby) he should use them as a double sub? They understand each other and play alongside each other at club level so its important there on the pitch at the same time for confidence and Englands sake!

There intrested in N'Zogbia now too which again I believe would be a brilliant signing.

Annyyway!

Certifications: A+, N+
  7. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I had to wait 28 years to see my national team win anything, Spain were forever tagged the underachievers and look at all the quality that nation has produced for decades.

Now we're ranked number 1 in the world and one of the favourites for the World Cup next year! :biggrin

It goes round in circles, sure it's been a while since England were atop the football pile, but they'll get there again. As you say they certainly have the talent, just lacking something...

[​IMG]

p.s. Barcelona are in the semi's of the Copa del Rey now. Woohoo!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA