1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powershell again.....

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Aug 14, 2016.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

So having flirted with this in the past I want to get back into it. My new role will be purely IT, there will be no setting up for assemblies or any non IT distractions meaning i can focus my efforts a lot more on being more productive, well that's the plan anyway.

I can do simple line commands like get the list of software on a computer and output this to a file etc, however i do seem to struggle with the anatomy of of a powershell script at times as well as the components that are used in a script.

For instance using cim and wmi and others that are used with various elements of windows etc. I wondered if anyone had any good links for breaking scripts down to make them easier understand?

I hope I am making sense here, i feel I have just waffled somewhat.

Cheers for any help

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Nibble Poster

You may want to take a look at this (and you may as well bookmark the blog anyway as you will be using it daily)
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...orite-powershell-ise-feature-script-analyzer/

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Cheers for that Flash

Well and truly bookmarked

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680