1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post interview vibes

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by j1mgg, Jan 11, 2011.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

I had a second interview today and can never tell how they went.

The first interview i thought i had ballsed it, but got called back for a second interview.

This one was going alright during the one on one stage then the second interviewer joins the interview asks a couple of questions then that is it.

I hate interviews.
    Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

Fingers crossed I always find that I try my hardest during the interview then remain pesimistic afterwards (no getting hopes up), then it comes as a nice surprise when they offer you the job.
    Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Yes I agree but there is very slim chance you'll get a job without having one, speaking of which this happened to me in one of the past jobs.. the agency had a formal chat with me and told about the role n duties and I was asked to attend this interview went there waited and my contact person turns up who was also gonna be my manager.. shows me the location and what I had to do and thats it .. I had to start work from that very day infact I worked 10hrs that day itself, I suppose it was as they wanted someone to start straight away.. din't even have an interview
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri
  4. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

I recently migrated to Australia and my last two roles have been temporary as well. Both have been pretty much me getting called in for a getting to know you session. The one for the IT role was more of an interview than the first one (did a stint in a mail room for a month... ugh.) Anyway, the second role they actually asked me more character questions and asked about the experience I had with software A and B, etc. Easy interview, and I am currently there in what will hopefully turn into a permanent position once they advertise a recent vacancy.

For the OP, I wish you the best in the process!
    Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You must scrub up nice.
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Finally got my new contract through for this job on Thursday and handed my notice in on Friday.

I will be leaving my current job on the 27th of feb and hopefully starting on 7th of mar.

I just needed a change a my current roles isnt progressing my career as there is no where to be promoted to unless i move to London and we have so many different teams dedicated to dealing with individual things that i cant gain any new expierence on other hardware.

New company although a big brand name are moving into a kind of new direction for them and have a small team in norwich and a guy up here who i will be joining with one other new guy and hopefully because of the size of the team i will learn alot of new stuff as we will be a one stop fix shop.

I am well pleased and actually feel alot better for it.
    Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  7. zet

zet Byte Poster

congratz on the new job mate!
    Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  9. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Big congrats :)
    Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Hope it works out to be a great place to work at!
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM