1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please guide me on which Career Path I should take in IT

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by raju123, Nov 30, 2015.

1. raju123

raju123 New Member

Hi All,

I have read the 1st few threads and they have explained me alot.. but ...

My name is Raju, I am a recent graduate majoring in Management Information Systems. I wanted to reach out and see what are the best certifications to go for in IT industry for someone like me. I have about 2 years worth of Desktop Support experience including Application Support/AD/Domain Controller and Level 1 Networking. I really enjoy Networking, DHCP, DNS, AD as well as the science behind creating a Domain. I find Servers very interesting.

Can someone please advise on how I should proceed further? The way I am looking at is to obtain Network+ and Security+ certification as start since these 2 exams are not completely Networking.

I also don't plan on becoming an IT Manager in the nearfuture.

2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Assuming your working in a Microsoft environment - Take a look at the Microsoft certification pathway and have a look at Microsoft Learning as you may want to consider a track such as MCSA Client or MCSA Windows Server to underpin your 2 years experience to date.

Network+ is also a good qualification to have and alongside the above will give you some well rounded skills.