Placement jobs.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Sco0t, May 22, 2009.

1. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Hi,

Was applying for placements recently got one back and got through the telepone interview and now have an interview, but there is several different roles and areas I can choose. I'm doing a BSc in Networking and Systems support just about to get my degree, so I'm wanting something similar to this role was thinking like 1st line or similar, let me know what you's think of the position and how relevant it is:

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
    WIP: Network+
  2. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Seems ok to me, third line support and experiance of server systems? Do you have that experiance? Apply anyway. Just get yourself some virtual stuff and play around with server trials etc

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Best thing to do is apply for a plethara of jobs and something might stick.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Best advice above. Its best to apply for as many jobs as you can and hopefully you'll get one or two bites. What ever you do, don't get disheartened if you don't here back or get rejected. Its a terrible market right now but there are still opportunities out there for motivated people. Cheers, James

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What he said..

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

what he said!

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  7. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Yeah, I've applied, passed telephone interview and going to an assessment centre on the 3rd of June :)
    Just was asking if you thinked it sounded relevant? Also anyone know about Domino server upgrades? Any advice on this assessment centre or what they usually consist of?
    Thanks for the advice, ta.

8. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Panel Interview, Group Task, Presentation - something along those lines. Good luck. e.g. Ability to sell yourself, work with others and presenting information well.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  9. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Thanks for the reply. Got an email from them confirming the date, which is sometime next week :D and says it will consist of:
    A behavioural interview and a Group Discussion. Any idea on the types of questions in the behavioural interview?

10. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Just thought I'd keep you's all updated. Had the interview, consisted of a group activity which was fine and the interview which went pretty good. Dont know what my chances are like as there is only 1 position and lots of candidates, so time will tell. They said they would let me know within a week, so should find out before Wednesday and let all you know, wish me luck :D!

11. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

hope it goes well:)

Certifications: HND Computer networking, 70-271
    WIP: A+