Ping WagnerK

Discussion in 'Design' started by simongrahamuk, Dec 28, 2005.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Just wondering how you are getting on with your study for the CCDA?

What have you found that it involves? and how does it differ from the CCNA?

8)

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Simon,

To be totally honest, I'm really getting on slowly with this. Started studying the first week of Jan and I'm still only on the first chapter :biggrin

How does the CCDA differ from the CCNA?

From what I can make out CCDA is for design, whereas CCNA is for implementing/supporting.

CCDA would be like the 70-219 (MS exam) or Project+ (sorry could find an exact exam from Comptia)

CCNA would be like the 70-216 (MS exam) or Network+.

So far (on chapter 1) it's nothing new everything so far is a repeat of what I've learnt before, but it's still early days.

And Yep, it's just a change - study something different and get a CISCO cert under my belt.

Will be posting more once I get more into it.

Catch you later

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Thanks Ken.

It is interesting to see the comparisons you make, as the Cisco site itself says very little about this cert other than 'CCNA level knowledge is required'.

8)

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

This coming week, I'm going to start making a better effort to get into studying. I'm also surprise about the info that CISCO gives out. I think the hardest part of this is remebering what CISCO hardware does what for the design process. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security