ping GiddyG

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by dales, Mar 24, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hey you,

have you spotted the trailers for the next doctor who season yet, what do you think. whats your thoughts on catherine tate being a companion? Personally whenever i watch her I just see her characters from her comedy show, spoils it a bit for me.

Who's you favorite doctor, I grew up with sylvester mccoy, but I really like william hartnell (I love the idea of the doctor being a grumpy git).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I agree Dales, its hard to see cathrine tate as a Doctors assistant. Like you i just think of her as comedy sketches and thats all i could picture in the trailers, plus i'm nor really a fan of hers anyway! Martha Jones was a good character, pity she didnt last too long. And as for Rose, too romatically involved.
    The current doctor (David Tennant??) is great, really brings back some of teh wackiness from past doctors.

I grew up with Tom baker, Peter Dickenson and those that followed, but do remeber Jon Pertwee as the best doctor, Tom baker as the strangest, and Sylvester McCoy as the wackiest. As for assistants K9 is always the fave, followed by Ace (hmmm she looks tasty even now!)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yeah Catherine Tates sucks, and Tom Baker ruled he was the best doctor.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Oh yes Ace, I remeber quite liking her too :biggrin I think that maybe paul mcgann would have made quite a good doctor, even though the yanks had a blimin good try at ruining the whole concept of doctor who because they dont understand british humour/quaintness (is that a word).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Hiya mate.

I think the Rome one looks quite good, and I am pleased to see the Sontarans are back. I am also interested to see where Dalek Caan appears. Oh... and who did actually pick up the Master's ring? Eh? Now that'll be good...

No, I don't see Catherine Tate as his companion either... and to be honest, my 8 year old isn't that impressed either. I'm not sure Freema Ageyman had a fair crack of the whip in hindsight, but I am 'excited' about Rose returning (got a soft spot for Billie). Not sure how they're going to manage that, and I do hope that we don't get 'assistant overload' as a result.

Favourite doctor? If you really, really, make me choose then it has to be Jon Pertwee (for the uninitiated, the 3rd Doctor on the TV), closely followed by Tom Baker. Mind you, from Hartnell through to Davison, they were all pretty good. Sylvetser McCoy was completely the wrong person - I knew of him as a comedy type actor (sure he was in Rentaghost or similar) - who didn't do it for me at all. That said, some of the stories he ended up having to cope with were plain wacky.

And what about baddies? You've got the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Sontarans... but does anyone remember the likes of the Sea Devils?

Ah... those were the days!