Ping d-faktor!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zimbo, May 1, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

hey d-fakor!

Just a quick thanks for your help with the NTFS permissions thread a few weeks ago.. did the 290 last friday and passed and you were right without them you cant go to far!

Thanks again! :alc :clap :thumbleft

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

*blush*
    well, uhm, thanks! it's always nice to hear that at least some of my comments here are helpful. in any case, i'm very glad to hear that you passed the 290! excellent! going full steam ahead for the next one?

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yip! 291 next.. the beast of MCSA as i have heard! :oops:

4. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

any beast can be slain! haaargh!

291? hmmm... which one is that? gosh, it's been so long since i've done the ms exams. what the friggin' hell am i doing on a cert site anyway? okay, 291, let's see, that's 2k3 network infrastructure admin, right? yeah, that can indeed be a tough one. overall, i think the concepts of 291 aren't that particularly difficult, but if i remember correctly it's got some nasty pitfalls. some of those typical ms quirks. :ohmy

and you know, even if you do break your teeth on this one, chances are it's going to happen sooner or later. personally i've been very lucky in passing most of the ms exams the first time, and quite rapidly as well. but i had a few bumps in the road. i failed the 70-058 (nt4 networking essentials) twice, the 70-240 (mcse nt4 to mcse 2000 upgrade exam) was a complete disaster, and the 70-228 (sql 2000 admin) was no picnic (for me at least) either. :rolleyes:

anyway, i'm sure you'll hit it out of the park. and besides, you've got the cf crowd to help you out with your studies, right? :thumbleft

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

thanks d! umm im hoping to have a go by 29th of june and a second go if needed (which will be a free one!) by end of july - otherwise from tommorrow ill start chapter one.. im hoping to finish by MCSA by end of August as i leave to go to uni in the UK by then and fear i wont have much time for certs.. but its going to have taken me a year to get MCSA!