1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pin Grid Array VS SEC/Slot 1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by benmarkhampshire, Sep 3, 2003.

1. benmarkhampshire

benmarkhampshire New Member

I was wondering if anyone can inform me of if/why intel delevoped the slot 1 for its new processors ie intel PIII and then on some revisions reverted back to the PGA format.

Along my travelslearning for the A+ networks course there is mention of the above formats and out of my own personal curiosity i wondered if there is a speed difference between the two in data throughput?

Any info would be appreciated.

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Benmark,

I'm afraid I don't have the answer for you right this minute, as our In-house Chip Junky has just glued himself to the inside of one ot the CertForums Servers with industrial strength heat-sink dope :roll:

However, I think it would be fair to say that the A+ exam will not expect that level of detailed knowledge from you .

Still, I know what you mean when you get a question in your head that you need answered to keep you sane .... :idea:
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

Hey ben,

Take a look at this webpage, its not 100% of what your looking for but there is a section about the change from sec to pga etc. if you click the dropdown menu on the page then choose the Pentium III & Celeron.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. benmarkhampshire

benmarkhampshire New Member

Thanks everyone the answer still hasnt presented itself to me but its one of those questions what was annoying me! I hope you man manages to unglue himself form the servers!