Picture in Picture software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Baba O'Riley, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a bit of software (price=free if poss) which, TBH, I'd be surprised if it existed. Just wishful thinking I 'spose

I have an XP PC which I'm using as a media center, now I have some capturing software which I use to stream footage from my Sky+ on to DVD, but what I was after was a little widget that would open a small window on my desktop so that I could have the Sky feed playing while I, for example, surfed the web. Kind of like picture in picture. I don't want it to record, just play a live feed. Any ideas would be super.

Cheers.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Quite a number of the video/TV cards do that. Don't know of software that will do it.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Baba O'Riley

Any idea which cards and how you do it? I have a ATI X700 VIVO on this PC. I'll have a look on the disk, see if something came with it.

Thanks.

4. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

WIP: A+
  5. Baba O'Riley

Good idea that, Neall. I'll give it a go.

Ta. :biggrin

6. Baba O'Riley

Well I couldn't find anythng on Konfabulator, but I have found Multimedia Center on the ATI webby which seems to have the function I'm after. It's just I'm having a spot of bother getting it to work at the moment...

7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

It doesn't work with sky, but here's what I use.

8)

8. Baba O'Riley

Yeah, I'd get one of those too if we could get a freeview signal at all. No cable either. :( As it is, I have to remain a whore of the Dirty Digger. :cry: Still, that being said, Sky+ is the muts nuts

9. Baba O'Riley

Woo hoo! Turns out I was sitting on something that does the job all along. A tool that comes with Pinnacle Studio 9 that is just a preview/capture window. Play the live feed without capturing and Roibert's your Mother's brother!