Pay for certificate?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Rob1234, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi,

I think you do just wanted to double check do you now have to pay for your MS certificate rather then it getting sent to you for free?

Certifications: A few.
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Yep.

Nothing's free these days.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually, not entirely true.

You can download a copy of your certificate from the MS MCP website, the only thing is you need a bloody good printer and paper to print it out.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Rob1234

Thanks.

Looks like I will have to buy it, hope its not too expensive.

5. purana

purana Nibble Poster

I am not going to bother buying them, will just print them out on a good printer. Just to file them away, although the transcript is probably the bee's knee's when it comes for employers to check you out.

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE
  6. BC

BC Bit Poster

Yes, you definitely have to pay.

I sent off for mine in May, took a couple of weeks to arrive but they do look really good.

I ordered 4 printed certificates and the cost was £8.93 ($12.92).

They'll probably be a little cheaper now as the rate has come back a little more into our favour.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
  7. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

Has anyone been asked for MS certificates before? Would the sharing transcript online tool be ok or providing certificates is generally the norm?

8. Rob1234

My current job they asked to see the actual certificates themselves but they were very strict and used a 3rd party company to get all my refernences and check my CV.

9. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Went to a couple of interviews already and they never asked for the actual certificates.
    I did enclose a PDF version of the MS transcript though, and mentioned my Prometric ID on the CV.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  10. Slimzee

Slimzee Bit Poster

Is anyone struggling to order a certificate? when I click on the link where you decide whether to order or purchase it just sits there and times out or gives a error on the next page.

Been like this a week and I took my exam 4 weeks ago.

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA, Windows 2008, Windows 7
    WIP: build my windows skills
  11. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No ordered 4 certs last week without any problems, and two of my mates order their's with no problems this week.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Try a different browser maybe. I was having trouble on the MCP site the other week in IE and it worked ok in Firefox.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  13. mintoria

mintoria New Member

I know a blog downloading Microsoft certifications Qbank for free...it's helpful to me.

14. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

If I could understand what that means, it might be helpful as you say!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I know exactly what he/she means... Qbank = question bank... meaning, a braindumped question pool. :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hmmm you should have read our terms and conditions before signing up.

Snippet..

More can be found here..

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/faq.php?faq=braindumps#faq_braindump_2

Any further transgressions will result in an infraction or possible ban.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)