1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed with a score of 746

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Goragon, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Goragon

Goragon New Member

I passed the network+ exam today with a score of 746, only just passed.

I did the courses through Pitmans Training and they use online video training through learn key. I found the learn key video training a bit hard to take in, the guy talking just didn't work for me.

I also read Mike Meyers all in one network +

I also used CBT Nuggets video training which I found much easier to take in and they seem to explained things a lot more clearly and at my level.

The first 4 question of the exam were simulators.

One on subnetting.
    One on cable testing.
    One on wiring up an rj45 connector.
    One on turning on the ports on some switches
    ( which I had no idea what it was asking me to do).

The rest of the exam were are multiple choice questions, I think I had about 10 that needed multiple selections to the answer.

I went through the exam pretty quickly flagging the ones I was unsure of.

After answering all the questions I went back over the flagged questions (about 20 of them) and read the questions again, I think I changed my mind on about 5 of the flagged questions.

On the flagged questions my strategy was to eliminate the selections I knew were wrong which left me with a two to pick from, so I had a 50/50 chance of getting the answer right.

I found it a bit of a pain you had to take a survey at the end of the exam before you get your results.

But others than that it was a good experience.
  2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Well done :)
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  3. A pass is a pass. Congratulations!
    Certifications: ITIL v3, Information Security Foundation (based on ISO/IEC 27002)
    WIP: Linux Essentials
  4. horacam

horacam New Member

That score is good I just passed the VMware VCA Network Virtualization with the score of the minimum 300 points and I thought I studied well and did good but I guess I did not...
  5. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Nice one mate
    Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  6. Melonie001

Melonie001 New Member

7. Jaron78

Jaron78 Megabyte Poster

Good work Sir!
  8. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Congrats on the pass!
    Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  9. John Limion

John Limion New Member