Passed on Screen Failed on Prometric!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by sherr03, Jun 15, 2010.

1. sherr03

sherr03 New Member

Hi All

First post as i have been looking all over the net to see if anybody has had the same problem as myself and stumbled upon your site.
    Anyway i have been taking microsoft exams for years and have my XP and Vista qualifications so thought i would have a go at the server exams. I booked 83-640 a month ago and have been revising hard at the weekends and after school using some books from work and one i brought off amazon. I took the test last tuesday and thought i had done crap but passed with a 725! I picked my print out up from the centre and went home quite chuffed with myself. I know it wasn't a great pass but a pass is a pass! Anyway i looked today on prometric and it says failed, I phoned them up and they said that i have failed on there system! I explained that the screen displayed pass and i have the exam print out with the exam centre stamp on it saying that i passed with 725. After about 10 minutes waiting they asked me to scan it in and email it to them. I have done this and i am just waiting now. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and did they sort it? I really don't want to do it again as i have better things to do on a night/weekend like looking after a two year old and doing a house up!!

Any info would be great from peeps on here!!

Thanks

Matt

2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

School and been sitting MS exams for years? That doesnt make sense to me.

Anyway, you are doing the right thing, let us know what Prometric say.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. sherr03

sherr03 New Member

im 31 mate not at school

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Mate,

I think it was because of this comment:

Anyway, you did the right thing - that's why you have to keep your score sheet, just in case things like this happens.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. sherr03

sherr03 New Member

Sorry must be my age! Anyway I have spoken to them today and they have passed my case onto another department now. God knows what they will do now, they said somthing about uploading the test. Don't see how they can say anything if I have the hard copy of the score!

Thanks

matt

6. sherr03

sherr03 New Member

The Gods of microsoft have finally allocated me a pass!! Just thought i would let you know incase anyone else ever has a problem.:biggrin

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. xmojo

xmojo Nibble Poster

Grats on the pass! But did it really take Microsoft almost 3 weeks to make a decision?

10. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congratulations:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the long awaited pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685