Passed Net+ but a quick heads-up

Discussion in 'Network+' started by imhotep, Sep 2, 2009.

1. imhotep

imhotep Bit Poster

I just recently passed Network+ with a 855, having used a combination of two books and a 10-pack of TotalSem practice tests. Prior to the test I was concerned that I would overlook something, but really I was overly prepared.

Just a friendly heads-up about the current Sybex book that covers NT10-004....

I bought this book upon the realization that the book I'd just finished studying was for NT10-003. Over the course of four days I tried to fill in any apparent gaps and it worked. But....just FYI, here are MANY mistakes in the practice tests that come on the included CD. This book includes six tests of 50 questions each, but not a single one of them is totally error-free. I kept finding correct answers marked wrong, questions where the correct answer was not an option, and yes I double-checked them. I'm talking about glaringly obvious stuff with subnetting and protocols where you can turn to a page in the book that contradicts the test question's recorded answer. One of the six tests had four incorrectly marked answers. QA/QC anyone?

Moral - if you study hard you'll catch the mistakes and it won't lead you astray, but let the buyer beware.

As for the text, it's the best I've read in terms of technology certification. Very well written and actually enjoyable to inhale.

My advice - supplement this awesome book with practice tests from another source. I used TotalSem and they were very good.

Good luck to all.

Certifications: A+ Network+
    WIP: MCSA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You get what you pay for. What do you expect for something included in the price of the book for free?

Congrats on the pass. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Willk83

Willk83 New Member

Congrats on passing.

Like the other guy said, you do get what you pay for. :eek: