1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed MTA: Software Development Fundamentals (98-361)

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by wagnerk, Apr 15, 2012.

1. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Decided on changing my certification route a little from support to programming. So following the Microsoft track

MS Developer track.JPG

I decided to try the 98-361, the MTA: Software Development Fundamentals...

and I passed with 86 :)

Next on my hit list is either the 98-362 (the MTA: Windows Development Fundamentals) or the 98-363 (the MTA: Web Development Fundamentals), then I'll see whether or not to pursue the MCTS cert.

Previous knowledge and experience of programming (or software engineering) includes; my degree, my NVQ in Software Creation and C&G's in Computer Programming.

Just wondering now, where or not to continue with C# or return to my favorite language which was VB (yes I know VB .net is alot different from VB 2/3/4/5 & 6)...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
    Trogdor likes this.
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congratulations, mate:beers2

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

Well done on the pass, congratz. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Congrats, commercially I think there is a lot less need for VB or VB.Net, most MS shops have now moved to C#.

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  5. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Well done, not a bad score either! :thumbleft

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc