Passed ITIL v3 Foundation today.

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by Pseudonym, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

34/40. Easy exam, but rough going getting the mental strength to continue studying the subject, considering it's so 'dry' if that's what we're calling it. I get the feeling with a little more depth at the intermediate level it might be a tad more interesting, so maybe I'll hit that up one day.

70-680 next anyway! :)

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congrats mate that's a good score too. ITIL Is always a handy one to get

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Well done, congrats on the pass. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! I'm taking this on Wednesday Afternoon.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Congrats!

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  6. Pseudonym

Thanks guys! :)

And good luck Kopite! Sure you should have no problems with it though.

7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats mate :)

Who did you do it thru? ISEB or EXIN?

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Pseudonym

Cheers wagnerk. I did it through EXIN. I didn't actually realise there was an option. The exam price was pretty steep so maybe I should've looked into it further haha.

9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It used to be that one allowed you to do the exam online, the other required a proctored exam (paper based).

I have done both ISEB and EXIN exams before.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Pseudonym likes this.
  10. caseclosedfanatic

caseclosedfanatic New Member

If you don't mind me asking Pseudonym, what did you use to help study and pass it, I'm taking it within a few weeks being that it's required at my job now and i'm looking for something that'll help me in passing for sure! And congrats!

11. Pseudonym

12. Kopite_21

Sorry forgot to mention I took this exam 3 weeks ago and failed by 2 marks :(

13. Pseudonym

Ah that sucks! You going to retake?

14. Kopite_21

I am planning on re-taking it, it's just a question of when. It is really daunting to study.

15. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I wouldn't say daunting as such, most of the material, if you think about it, is common sense, what I find with the subject is that it's too dry and boring.

Have a think about what the question is asking you, think about what makes sense from common sense perspective and you can't go far wrong.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    crazy horse likes this.
  16. Kopite_21

Cheers Simon!

17. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Congrats on passing ITIL v3 Foundation, always a good one to have on the CV.

RE Intermediate level:
    I found both Service Operations and Service Design far more interesting than Foundation. For me it was because the intermediate level has more depth in each area, enabling more focussed application of how you could use it in the your IT environment. Also the exam then tests how you apply that knowledge in scenario based questions, which I found more engaging.

Good luck on the 70-680!