1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

passed exam, conclusions

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Mariusz, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

just came back from N+ exam, 796/900 (about 87%), could be better but I am still happy.

Exam seems to be easier than A+, at least for me, or maybe I was prepared for N+ better.
    Anyway exam seems to be easier than exams from Preplogic, AIO and N+ Passport exams

in both AIO and N+ Passport exams I had about 75-85%
    in Preplogic's I had 540 points max (take a look at fact that they give each good answer 9 points, so they start scoring from 0, not from 100 like CompTIA do), it is much more difficult than my real exam.

Anyway I was afraid of multi answers questions, there were maybe 5, Preplogic has lots of multi answers questions.
    Concerning to the preplogic's exams: I think that if one scores there around 700 points can go for real exam, their trial exams are really difficult, but it is to make sure you are ready, and I am glad I bought them.

Sorry for above if it is bit chaotic :)

Now I wonder what to do next. I don't want to start MCDST because I won't do it in time.
    I think or about Security+ or about something with windows 7, what would you recommend guys?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Congrats!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Im enjoying the Security+ at the moment so maybe think of that? Only problem is to keep it for life you'll need to pass it before Jan 1st 2011.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

I won't make it this year :)

5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

If you're not gonna make the end-of-year deadline for Security+, I'd recommend knocking out the MCDST before it's gone forever. You've got a little under 4 months - if you've got experience administering XP, you can probably do it.

If you don't feel like chasing that, then I'd recommend getting the MCITP desktop admin certs on Vista and/or 7.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

I will have a baby soon, and I am also preparing for Institute of Export Lvl 3 with exams on June/July (these exams are only 2x year only) anyway it takes me a while to prepare for each exam as I can't focus on learning anymore :)

What about MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7: Exam 70-680 and Exam 70-685
    or MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7: Exam 70-680 and Exam 70-686
    ?what is the difference?
    is it worth doing it?
    I'd rather to focus on Win 7 than XP

7. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

Welldone marius.brilliant news.good luck with the new arrival.

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  8. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Congrats Mariusz!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP
  9. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  10. chuckles