Passed 70-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Balbekian, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Balbekian

Balbekian Bit Poster

Passed 70-272 today with a score of 836.

Passed 70-271 2 weeks ago. Am now a certified MCDST.

I found the 272 to be ALOT easier than the 271. Breezed through the 272 in about 25 minutes. 40 questions in total.

Really happy.

In terms of study guides, I used the Practice Exams a few times leading up to the actual exam.

I would go through all the questions on the practice exam treating it like an actual test, marking my answers along the way, any wrong answers I would then go back and research those areas. I find that is the best way for me, I didn't look at the online MS 272 modules once as I find they do not prepare you for the exam at all.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Happy for you. Well done.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Well done ;)
    I also found the 272 easier, so you're not the only one!

4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Oh, me too. Forgot to add :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass and new cred :)

Funny, I found the 271 easier than the 272 :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Balbekian

Balbekian Bit Poster

Thanks guys. :)

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats! What practice exams did you end up using?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Balbekian

Balbekian Bit Poster

I used Ucert and any other legit practice exams I could find. I also looked at the free exam that Gav posted up in the other thread which helped aswell.

Compared to the 271, and I am not trying to sound cocky at all, but the 272 was an absolute breeze. I guess it depends on what experience you have I suppose as to which one you will find easier.

Prior to sitting the 272 I had read that the 272 was the harder of the two exams, but it does obviously depend on the individual, your prior work experience and knowledge and whether or not you have sat MS exams in the past.

In my opinion, being a first timer sitting MS exams, they can be quite daunting, well any exam for that matter, but once you have got an exam under your belt, the confidence grows from there as you understand the format more.

9. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Well done :)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  10. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Congrat's...PARTY TIME!!! :clap:slidedrin

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  11. Balbekian

Balbekian Bit Poster

I have now just started my MCSA through MS e-learning modules.

Am also looking for another study guide to use.

12. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

congrats

what made you use MS e-learning modules for the MCSA and not the DST?

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  13. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

MS used to offer second shot with $35 for an e-learning course, which is good in my opinion.

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  14. Balbekian

Balbekian Bit Poster

I did use the MS e-Learning modules for the MCDST, but after I failed the 70-271 the first time, I realised that I also needed another study guide to accompany the online material such as practice exams etc. Then i didn't really look at the MCDST e-Learning material at all.

I will obviously use it for the MCSA, but I won't solely rely on it as my primary source of information.

15. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

i signed up for the the free dst offer that was mentioned on the forums before i took the 271, i must admit i didn't find them that impressive. For the MCSA I want to try testout

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots