One for ffreeloader

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by damienj3, Jun 16, 2006.

1. damienj3

damienj3 Byte Poster

Computers are like air-conditioners: both stop working, if you open windows.

Certifications: mcse
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  2. damienj3

damienj3 Byte Poster

MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software is Only for Fools and Teenagers.

The box said: 'install on Windows 95, NT 4.0 or better'. So I installed it on Linux

WINDOWS stands for Will Install Needless Data On Whole System.

More on http://www.oneliners-and-proverbs.com/computer.html

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

LOL good one! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. Pretty dang funny damienj3.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

if you dont mind ill use this one! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. damienj3

damienj3 Byte Poster

Liking the new sig

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said "Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door"

Well, the world is still using Microsoft products, so in my opinion the jury is still out on that...

The thing is MS has critical mass, users know the products so training is less an issue, and better the devil you know...

still funny tho'!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  9. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Ummm.... Well, MS has used more threats, intimidation, and various other hardball tactics than any other IT company in existence. They did it first to get their foot in the door, and then they have done it since to expand and solidify their position.

I wouldn't exactly say that the "world beat a path to their door" as much as I would say MS ruthlessly crushed all their competitors.

There is a huge difference. When you literally could not buy a computer from any of the manufacturers such as Dell, Gateway, HP, etc... for years because MS used threats and intimidation to keep them from putting competing OS's on their computers, I wouldn't say that this was the world beating a path to MS's door.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

What the hell though it worked, and that's capitalism in action. Like it or loathe it, it's not gonna change for a while to come.

As for the original topic, I did get a really good belly laugh a year or so ago when a colleague whispered to me during a technician meeting 'what does XP stand for'. Like a complete sucker I said, Experience isn't it? To which is reply was ... Xtra Problems. :)

Hey I like windows, but I found it funny. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  11. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I don't disagree that MS tactics were ruthless but IBM plugged OS/2 warp for years - nobody wanted it. None of the OEMs could be arsed to install linux as a default and see if the market would rush to them. The few that did saw little return on investment. Corel Linux ? emachines ? People could buy macs - a small percentage do. But most still buy PCs with windows...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP