1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Puzzle

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Oct 19, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I got a call on my cell earlier today from the 215 area code. I tried to answer and for an instant, it sounded like the noise from a crowded room where a lot of people were talking...then it disconnected. I figured it was a wrong number. I looked up the area code and it covers part of Pennsylvania. I don't know anyone there so I blew it off.

The phone rang again a while later. I answered and it disconnected immediately. Oh well.

I let it ring two more times over the course of several hours, not answering either call. I checked and no one left a message. I plugged the phone number into Google and it comes up with the name of a man and woman with the same last name at an address in Philadelphia. Get this. When I called the number, I get a notice saying the number is disconnected.

Anybody got a clue how I could be getting calls from a phantom phone number?
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Spooks in the machine, Trip - Halloween is close remember ....:eek:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Now thats one witch I'd like to come knocking at my door on haloween! :p
  4. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

**Spooky Music**​
    WIP: A+
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Mystery solved. The same number kept ringing each day. I finally answered it and someone was really there. The connection was a disaster and I almost lost it on a few occasions. It was indeed someone calling from a call center to offer me a free subscription to a tech mag. I get a ton already and don't have the time to do all the reading they demand so I turned her down. Glad to get this one settled.
    Certifications: A+ and Network+