Nvidia or ATI?????? plz help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fig_jam_uk, Apr 22, 2006.

1. fig_jam_uk

fig_jam_uk Bit Poster

Hey all thanks for looking @ this, I am looking to upgrade my graphics card I currently have a Nvidia 6200 TC PCI-e and im considering a Radeon X1600 HERE
    but i dont know if i should go for a different Nvidia card for around the same price, aybody recomend anything? Cheers.

Certifications: MCP win2k PRO
    WIP: ?
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Rather depends on what you intend to do with this machine. Which you don't mention! :biggrin

A PCI-e card is rather ahead of the current curve, so you must have some idea what you want? Unless this is a case of cash itching to be spent on the latest toy?

<grin>

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

go for the ATI X1600 mate...I bought the X1300 which is going to be used in my new motherboard I purchased earlier...in all honesty I have found that the ATI cards seem to run better than the nVidia ones...but everyone has their preference mate..I say this cos I had an nVidia card once and it didnt sit too well with my machine...now i have an ATI 9600XT (AGP) and its lovely...so when I replace my mobo and graphics (along with a nice AMD 4400 X2!!) then I will be laughin...but hey see which one u like and go for it...personally the ATI all the way...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life