1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not another book question!

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Matt_26uk, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Matt_26uk

Matt_26uk Nibble Poster

Hi all, I know you must get this question all the time but can any recommend books (self study) on the N+

I was looking at the " Michael Meyers Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Network-Cer...0728679-8692613?ie=UTF8&qid=1108062933&sr=2-1

I never used the Michael Meyers books for A+ but heard it was one of the best book to buy for that exam and was wondering if it was the same for N+

Certifications: MCSA 2003, CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  2. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

When you sitting your 2nd exam mate?

I just got my A+ book by Mike Myers today, going to be a bit of a read this one :D

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  3. Matt_26uk

Matt_26uk Nibble Poster

Got the 602 on the 5th of September, only few weeks away.

Was looking into getting Mike Myers A+ book and on Amazon and you can get a deal buying Mike Myers A+ and N+ book together so wondered if it was worth getting the N+ as well (as I will be doing the N+ after the A+)

What are the practise exams like on the Mike Myers A+ book?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  4. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Although I am a big fan of Meyers AIO A+ book, I would recommend Groth's Network+ book, as Stu did.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. netware

netware Bit Poster

ok how do you rate Groth's Network+ book from a scale from 1-10 ??
    i need good reading material that will not be too confusing, otherwise i will just switch off ....anyone?

Certifications: HND Computing & HNC Computing CompTIA A+
    WIP: Network + Server+ maybe Security+
  7. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I would recommend this Network+ book or this Network+ book from Microsoft. I actually used the Microsoft book's (as well as experience) to pass the Network+.

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip