1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

non-overlapping radio channels

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by p1xels, Jul 26, 2013.

1. p1xels

p1xels Bit Poster

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me,which wireless standards allow use of non-overlapping radio channels?

Regards

2. Jon Christie

Jon Christie Bit Poster

I know on the G wireless range it's 1, 6 and 11 :)

3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hope that this page will help you, it covers A, B and G - as for N, it depends on if you use the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz range :)

P.S. Don't know about ac yet...

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. CVoice

CVoice New Member

Each standard offers non-overlapping channels. By default every channel is around 20MHz wide and they are starting on 5MHz steps. This is why if you are using 1, 6 and 11 on G standard you can have 3 non-overlapping channels. But channels 3 and 9 for example are non-overlapping as well. In N network it depends from the carrier frequency and there is also possibility to double the width of the channels to 40MHz, so there are a lot of "if"s there ;)

5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  6. CVoice

CVoice New Member

I tried to post this link, but some anti-spam system said that I'm not able to do that. It's funny because this forum is full of ads but you are not allowed to post useful links :rolleyes:

7. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Not a post count thing is it? Can't remember now if there are restrictions on link postung before you hit a certain number of posts, quite a common thing these days on forums though to weed out the spam accounts created by bots etc.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

PM me the link and I'll put it on this thread mate.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010