1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Exam

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Theprof, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

I think I am going to do an exchange exam next... I was thinking about completing my MCSE within a year, but right now I don't really have the experience necessary when it comes to network design, etc... and I don't want to say that I have the experience and then lack a certain skill. I got the MCSA because I actually do have the necessary experience and I understand the technology really well.

I've worked with Exchange for a little over year now but I would like to have more knowledge on it. Our environment is setup as a cluster in Active-Passive mode, however it's only Exchange 2003 and we're in the midst of upgrading to Exchange 2010.

My question is, should I pursue a the 70-284 exam or go for the Exchange 2010 exam?

Edit: I believe it retires on March 31st 2011.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Personally I think 70-662 is a better choice. Especially if you're in the middle of the upgrade. Study resources will most likely cover installation and migration scenarios which can be both useful and informative.

A vote for 2010 from me mate
    WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

If your updating to Exchange 2010 then I would go down that route. With the introduction of roles in Exchange 2007 it's a lot different to the way you install 2003.
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011