Newbie To Exam Vouchers

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zimbo, Jul 21, 2005.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Today i made a new friend: www.certforums.co.uk , thanks to you guys i learnt about these wonderful pieces of paper that save you lots of (sniff sniff) EUROS!! :)

Anyway im wondering if anyone has extensive use of them.. i got hold of http://www.getcertify4less.com/ and they very quickly included cyprus in their list of countries... but what now? Should i phone the testing centres here in cyprus and find out if they "accept" them or whats the procedure with them?

thanks guys

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I suppose it couldn't hurt. If they don't, see what it would take for them to modify their system to accept the vouchers. You may end up leading a "revolution" to improve IT certification testing in Cyprus. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Normally you book your exam through Vue or Prometric. You go through the steps to find a testing center near you and then it will come to the point where you need to pay. You can then put your exam voucher code in the relevant area and it should all be taken care of. The testing centers themselves don't really have much to do with the whole process. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

so i can book online and choose my centre near me... i guess i should them phone the centre and confirm my exam was booked with them right?

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sounds like a good idea to me. Just recheck that your voucher is valid for OUTSIDE the US.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

its says so on the site valid outside US/Canada can i confirm that when i get the voucher either online or the actual voucher?

7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It will be included in the information about the voucher and also in the confirmation email you receive.

8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

thanks for the help nugget.... now i got to find a site with sells prometric vouchers cause thats what my centre is ... anyone got a site for me plz? :biggrin

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You could try Examvouchers.com or getcertified4less.com

Don't forget to double check, outside US and Prometric.

Edit: I've just seen that the one's at examvouchers are for VUE centers.

10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

no both these sites just have vue... does that mean prometric is out of stock or dont do vouchers??

11. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I chatted to a online sales rep from Getcertified and he indicated they don't regularly deal in Pro Metric vouchers, only VUE. He did say they could arrange bulk purchases of them, but not individual at the moment.

Have you checked if there are any VUE centre's near you? Easy to register with them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  12. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

they all in my "area" nicosia is very tiny its just a matter of price.. i did some investigation and prices for A+ ran from 90 to 170 CYP quid and the 90 one also happens to be my college im at so its people i "know" im going to call the other centres and find out prices but it also seems the vouchers arent worth much ($25 off) thats 12 quid so the 170 will become 158! So its worth me going prometric the way things are :dry

13. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i got bored and tried looking for some prometric sites and came up with this one:

hxxp://www.preplogic.com

anyone have any experience with them? A+ both $95 each thats a bargin...

14. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Hiya

hxxp://www.preplogic.com seems a good bet! - is it def. avalible were you are?

The costs for the Comptia exams (it's all pretty standard and as far as I know set by the organisation that sets the exams ie comptia) these are UK prices:

Comptia:
    A+ are £105.00p
    Network+, Server+, I-Net+, Linux+, Project+, CTT+, HTI+, are £154.00p
    Security+, CDIB+, EBiz+ are £175.00p

Prometric offer training companies the ability to offer vouchers - for example if they do a training course they can get a free voucher and so on.

15. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yeah that are sarah... i just got back from them now and they prometric and they accept the vouchers!! :) i got to book online and use my vouchers... so you say the site looks good?