New to the forum & need advise on training!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by olp01, May 3, 2011.

1. olp01

olp01 New Member

Hi all, came across this forum on Google.
    Here's my situation...

I am 27 years old and have been working in IT for just over 7 years now.

First 3 years I worked in a 1st line helpdesk role supporting a software house's customers.

And since I have worked in a kind of internal 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd line role supporting well everything on a company's network from their HQ. In the past 6 months things have changed and I have settled into a 2nd line support role.

They have had a scheme here for a couple of years where you build up a training budget over time according to how well you stick to SLA's, etc. And you can spend this money on whatever training you want (relevent to IT obviously).

I haven't used any of this budget at all and it now totals £2355!

I want to progress in my career, well, i want to stick with 2nd and 3rd line support but be on more money.

i don't know where to start! the last time i did any exams was back in college and i left there in 2002. struggling to get my head around reading books and sitting in exam rooms again, also there's so many courses out there!!

just after some advice please on what would be the best qualifications to further my career (get me on more money).

PS: i know i've been lazy with grammer/punctuation.