New Steve Ballmer Signed Certs

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Davidh1819, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Hi Everyone one just became MCP by passing 70-271 my certificate looks just like the MCSE certificate with the gold badge and different shades of blue and is signed by steve ballmer but its only microsoft certified professional not MCSE is this a new cert format??

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I was under the impression MS had stopped issuing paper based certs, how did you get it ?

You get MCP credential from passing one qualifying exam, its not a certification, its not related to MCSE. MCSE requires 7+ exams before you would be granted the certification, and you would be unlikely to get a paper based certificate.

Steve has been the signatory for some time, as far as I know all certificates must be downloaded and self printed which is extremely lame IMO.

Some organisations are still very much in a 1940's mentality, they don't want to view my transcript or look at a flash animation, but they still want to see my certs, also I've not had an up to date MCP card either.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  3. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

my MCP was by steve and i got that quite a few months ago

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

MS has stopped sending out the certs automatically (after you confirm your details), however if you want a paper cert now you can order it (you have to pay for the shipping though which is just under $10).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

How do I order it ? :blink

6. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

There's a link on you mcp profile page after logging in, this lets you order the paper cert by filling in all necessary details.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  7. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Found it its under Download Certificates > Certificate Manager...

What a PITA...

8. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
    Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hmm, the new certs do look rather bland in comparison to the ones i got a few years ago :hhhmmm

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup, the MCTS ones are just as bad.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Steve who? :blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  12. Shinigami

Looking at mine, seems like they change the look a little bit every 2 years.

13. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I have been massivley underwhelmed with all my MS certs thus far. I could have done much better myself with a publisher wizard and some quality paper. And now they make you pay extra for it ... sheesh.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  14. smoggy333

smoggy333 Bit Poster

Yeah I was quite disappointed with the Cert Quality too. I have a mate who has an older MCSE and his Cert looks way better, than my new MCSE Cert. Ah well !!!

Certifications: MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: CCNA
  15. Shinigami

Those who passed a cert and were amongst the first few thousand to do so, also got gold bordered certs back in the days. Wonder if they still do that? My MCTS certs have gold on the bottom and top, and the MCITP's are bronze...

Also, all of mine seem to be signed by Bill... but I haven't actually bought the last few certs so dunno about them.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  16. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Strangely enough, the ones that were shipped to me (before the charged a premium) had Bill G's signature, now all the download versions of the certs have Steve B's signature.

17. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Who cares about the certificates themselves? You certify for the right to hold the certification designation... not for some flimsy piece of paper. Electronic verification FTW.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  18. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

It doesn't lessen the cert, but it's nice to get something that doesn't look cheap. My CompTIA certs were much nicer quality, they obviously made a bit more effort and I appreciate that ...

It's also nice sometimes if you have worked hard for something to see a physical certificate which represents the achievment / hard work. Each to their own really.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've got 16 of my 4.2 million certifications hanging on my office wall for visitors to admire... but I'm not gonna complain about something I have absolutely no control over.

Know what represents my achievement/hard work? The paycheck I get twice a month. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!