1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Motherboard Gigabyte GA-8KNXP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andy Hardy, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Andy Hardy

Andy Hardy New Member

Hello everybody

Im upgrading my system to a P4 2.6C and was wondering if anybody ealse was running a similar setup with the Gigabyte GA-8KNXP board. It looks pritty feature rich, but i just want to know what its performance is like. I will be using corsair DDR400 memory and a WD Raptor SATA 10k boot drive. Also what is the stock cooler that the P4's come with like, and would it be worth upgrading to something more beefy!?

2. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

I've not personally got one nor do I know anyone that has, but from looking on a site I use for hardware review and gaming stuff then I can say "thats one serious MB" :cracking . Seems like the community of gamers love this board and for the performance I dont think you'll be wanting much more for some time. Here's the summary of the review.

as for the retailed heatsink and fan, again I couldnt comment. I use the Vantec Aeroflow on my system, it keeps it very cool and is very quiet.

HTH

SimonV

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Andy Hardy

Andy Hardy New Member

Thank you for that! They seem to think its the bee's Knee's! and for £150 odd i would agree, considering the amount if gear in has bundled in there :) I will get it and let you know how I found it :twisted:

Thanks again!

Andy