New mobile contract

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shadowwebs, Mar 21, 2014.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

So, my 2 year Samsung Galaxy S2 contract has just expired and I am wondering which phone to go for next... surprisingly I haven't had all the phone calls and emails to say that I am due an upgrade ot try and sell me things I don't want.

I am currently with Virgin Mobile but I am really not someone that goes with loyalty.

What phone is best to move on to, am I best to wait for the Galaxy S5 or the iPhone 5s, both being quite expensive to go for, as currently my contract is £21 a month over the 2 years.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi mate, I've got the S4 and I love it. 1080p screen, 2ghz quad core, 2gb ram. Pretty sick for a phone. I won't be upgrading to the S5 but I would if I had an S2. I bought my mrs a 5C for Christmas. She loves it but the screen size is too small for me. I occasionally get sent around Europe with work and the screen on the S4 makes games and watching a few TV shows rather decent with some headphones plugged in. The latest HTC's look decent. I had a Desire but personally after this S4 it is going to be difficult to sway me purely based on spec, weight, battery and features. Just my opinion of course. You can't go wrong with most smart phones these days

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have been an Apple man since the 3GS, moved to the HTC One last year (after the iPhone 5 which I got bored with after the 4, 4s and then 5), the HTC lasted me about 6 months, in that time it had to go back and get repaired for a busted camera lens cover (which was interesting as I wasn't using the phone at the time, I was still on the 5 but seems I wasn't the only person who had an issue, cost me £90 to repair as well). Sold the repaired HTC One just after the 5S came out, yes I have gone back to the 5S because quite simply I didn't get on with the HTC.

I do have an Android tablet (Nexus 7, old one) that doesn't get used often because I have the Mini Retina and the wife\son uses the iPad 2.

I for one love the simplicity of the iPhone, it got a tad boring for a while but am back to loving it again.

As for ATP I have used o2 for a while now and have been really happy with them, in fact a mate of mine was with me when I purchased the HTC on o2 and he was so impressed with the service from the o2 shop that he moved his company over from Vodafone because of she ****ty service he was getting from them (20 odd phones that had been with VF for more than 10 years), needless to say he has been really happy with o2 since moving to them.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

thanks for the feedback guys, I am going to see what price the S5 comes out at (expecting £42 a month plus handset fee), and then look to see if the S4 price comes down.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)