New Job!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by AgentDRL, May 9, 2011.

1. AgentDRL

AgentDRL Nibble Poster

Hey people,

Just wanted to say that I have a new job :D! Really pleased and they have offered to pay for my MCITP Server Administrator exam track and do my ICND2 to get my CCNA. I have been studying for a good while but not taken the exams, probably due to laziness I expect!!

I have been given a 7k rise in salary on my current position, and they have asked that if I can pass my ICND2 and my MCITP in the first six months I am there, they will review my salary again.

The company I will be working for is only 1 mile from my house, so I don't have to travel into the city centre anymore (roughly 4 miles). So I could walk to work if the weather is nice, so it will keep the beer belly away I suppose....

I will be looking after all the servers, the network and the VoIP telephony in a team of two network guys supporting 2,000 users across three sites. They are looking to go down the virtualisation route as well, which I am really keen to learn.

But I just want to thanks for the support on here. This forum is very informative and will update you with my progress a few months after I have started. In fact, I have just handed in my notice at my current place. My manager was pleased I will be doing more and advancing my skills, but I feel awful now :(. Have to say where I am they have been great to me.

Certifications: ITIL v3, A+, Network+
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations mate. Let us know how your first week goes at the new gig :).

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Well done on getting the new job and good luck. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Sounds good, congrats!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Congrats mate, keep us posted :thumbleft

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  7. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the new job sounds like a great opportunity! Definitely don't wait a few months before gving us an update on how it's going.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  8. Diana

Diana New Member

Congrats!

9. 56mylar

56mylar Bit Poster

Nice, its good to hear some positive messages as there seems to be too many negative ones these days, congrats chap!

10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Great news and congratulations:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  11. F.A

F.A Bit Poster

congrats!