1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new here but am I on the wrong side of the pond?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by vafangool, Mar 26, 2014.

1. vafangool

vafangool Bit Poster

Hey guys..doing a bit career change in my mid 30s towards something I have always wanted to do... I just passed my network + and my 801 for a+ doing 802 this week... I am starting CCNA next... I always wanted to get this going and I would start studying and than I would just stop after a few weeks.. So I did one of those schools to get the ball rolling.. But Im glad I did it... I have always loved computers and networking..Is everyone in here from England? I didnt see any guys from America lol...But Im glad I found this forum cuz I want to keep getting more and more certs...Hope to find a pretty ok entry level job with a+ network + and ccna under my belt...and hopefully I can get some help on what direction to go next... Nice to meet you all..

2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Welcome :)

I think there's a few guys on here from the states, makes no difference as the qualifications are all the same.

Nice work on the A+ & N+ - one thing i would say, is going straight in with a CCNA, without prior workplace experience, may not necessarily work in your favor when going for jobs, but the CCENT may be a better stepping stone, and then onto the CCNA.

Some employers may class you as "Overqualified" for an entry level job with a CCNA.

Of course others may not, but in experience i have seen this before

Good luck with the studying either way :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. vafangool

vafangool Bit Poster

I was thinking that too with the ccna but I figured I'd give it a shot. With the school I'm in they had a deal with taking those 3 courses so I went for it. I was hoping with the 3 certs and the fact that I took the classes would look good on my resume. I know the CCNA is going to be pretty hard but I think I'll do well. Thanks for replying. I'm glad I found this forum

4. vdo4ever

vdo4ever New Member

Where in the states are you? I'm in California... What school did you go to?

Jaime

5. vafangool

vafangool Bit Poster

I'm in NY. And I went to the technical institute of America