1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New forum user - confused about microsoft certification

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Suffer, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Suffer

Suffer New Member

Hello, (ps: I like to break up my sentences because its easier on the eyes than paragraphs of words)

Homeless person here...blah, blah, struggle, struggle. Anyway, I am on this forum to ask about Microsoft certifications since they confuse me alot just trying to read about it.

You see, for this whole half of the year so far, I begged strangers as a homeless person, for money so I can save for my A+ exams. There were a lot of days of no eating but it was finally worth it when I passed my 901-902 exams making me CompTIA A+ certified on the 6th of this month. (first try too! When you are homeless and know where wifi and power is.....all you can do is study. lol)

So I have been looking for jobs constantly ever since. If I can get a job that is full time and is atleast 12 an hour I can finally dream of the day when me and my homeless girlfriend can actually rent an apartment. (Although, in all honesty I have a terrible fear of people. So I am not really sure if I will be able to live next to people like that but I'll try.)

But now comes the question of what is next?

I have this A+ cert and it makes me happy but after applying to over 30 jobs in a spam of 2-3 days I figured I need more.

The problem is....... I can't understand the Microsoft certifications at all! Its super confusing. I don't even want to use there abbreviations until I get a better grasp.

Why is this confusing me? Because:

1. I can't understand what the objectives are for the certifications for me to study. The CompTIA objectives are super easy to understand as they have a pdf with an outline of what I should know before taking the test. I assume the Microsoft certifications has that as well but I can't find it anywhere.

2. I can't understand if there are requirements that I must meet before taking a test. I see that one certification needs like 2 other certifications......or something like that. If they had a colorful pyramid chart, or something along those lines, then I could maybe understand it more.

3. I don't have a career path. This makes what I am doing a shot in the dark more. I like computers, I wouldn't mind networking or anything but in all honestly I would just like any job. Hell, as long as it pays more than 12 dollars, is full-time, and is not sales in anyway, then I would go for it. I mean, I love computers and computer repair but if I can get off the streets and be in a place where I feel safe (instead of cops always hassling me down because I have dreaded hair or gangs trying to provoke my girlfriend in the dead of night when we are trying to sleep) then my goal has been accomplished.

I guess I am not as strong minded as some of you in this IT field thing but I am pretty happy! Even if I don't get a job in IT, I still have my girlfriend who loves me! In the end, if I can understand this clusterfreak of microsoft certification information and what the objectives are I would love to learn about it for my own personally happiness.

Struggler :)

ps: I just uploaded the A+ cert just for fun. lol I didn't think these forums would have supported upload. lol

Attached Files:

Kopite_21 likes this.
  2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Have you had a look at my post here - http://www.certforums.com/threads/entry-level-it-certifications-and-beyond.49085/?

Have a look and come back and ask questions :)
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).