1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network + training vids, which ones ?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by tysfoot, Mar 26, 2010.

1. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Hi, ive just starting revising for my Network +, bought mike meyers book from amazon and already enjoying my read

Ive also want some training vids to accompany my studies

Ive come across a website that has good reviews called trainsignal and they do 12 hours videos

I was wondering if any of you have come across them or if you could recommend any other training vids

The free ones by professor messer for the A+ were superb, just wish he would do some vids for the N+

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Trainsignal and CBTNuggets are about the best out there.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Trainsignal are good and I've used them in the past, though not for the N+.

Also, take a look at CBTNuggets website as they are good too.

HTH

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Ive just ordered the video training from Trainsignal, heres the link http://www.trainsignal.com/CompTIA-Network-Training-P68.aspx

Cost £200 but a freind of mine used trainsignal for cisco and said they were excellend and helped him pass first time, also the structure of the course seems applealing and as i want to pass asap.

I may have a job interview lined up very soon so am gonna try and cram everything in, in the next few months

Ill let you know how it all goes :biggrin

5. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

My trainsignal videos have arrived today and after looking though a few videos i cant help but think the guys voice on it is really annoying, im from the uk, manchester and he has the stronges american accent and its gets a little sharp in my ears, haha sorry not to cause offence

The free professor messer vids are very good http://www.professormesser.com/free-network-plus-training/professor-messers-free-comptia-network-certification-training-coursebut for some reason i like the sound of his voice better, he is american too but he's less irritating.

Not im stuck i dont know what to watch, the £200 irritating guys videos or the less annoying free vids from professor messer :D:D

Have anyone else had this problem and can anyone give a review or either of the training vids

6. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

ask and ye shall receive http://www.professormesser.com/free...comptia-network-certification-training-course

edit: just noticed the link to the professor messer net+ vids were already posted!

the professor messer videos are good but not in depth enough for many of the topics as I recall.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  7. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

My old employer back in the day when I was doing the N+ bought the Mike Myers Learnkey N+ CBT...I thought it was very good and in typical Myer's style it really does go into the nitty gritty!

Certifications: MCSA , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP 2008 Ent Admin, Server Admin, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, CCNA & VCP5
  8. Monkish

Monkish Bit Poster

I can attest for the LearnKey programs, they're great! I used it for my Security+ certification. They are a bit pricey though, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Certifications: A+, Net+, Security+
    WIP: MCSE