Neds\Chavs: hate them!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Nov 14, 2007.

1. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I think that you have forgotten that charity starts at home, as if a person disrespects their parents they would anyone else. The schools and society in general has to abide by legislative laws and hence the unrulingness.

Teachers cannot discipline unruling persons the way they're supposed to be disciplined with a cane on their backside:) without getting in trouble with the law.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  2. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Why thank you, glad to know I'm not the only one (by far, by the looks of things) fed up of people always having their behaviour excused

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  3. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Children can now openly insult a teacher in front of the whole class, and receive detention for it, but be back in the same classroom the next day. But the damage is then done. Teaching, and education has been lowered by this - mainly because no self-respecting educated person wants to work under such a ludicrous system. In my local area recently a maths teacher of long-standing has been suspended long-term because a pupil attacked HIM, and he defended himself during this (but not with any excessive force).

The home is where it all starts though, I agree.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  4. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

The problem with the poor upbringing card is that some of these little B******s come from descent homes with respectible parents and the kids are still neds. Its just a social group to join for these kids, when I was at school, I went to one of the worst schools in my area and nearly all the kids had the same upbringing as me but still most of them were neds.

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I see your point suttar which is valid. However, if a parent does not discipline their kids at home regardless of whether they're well to do or not it would play out in society like it does now. I for one was brought up by my mum a lone and she disciplined me hard and would even come to my school and woop my butt if she heards I disrespect the teachers.

At times I thought she was being mean but now understand and know that its for my own good not to become a burden to society and others. I for one when I have kids its my way, not going to be violent or mean to them but if they decide to hang out with hooligans then they get out of my house.

Simply put play by the rules in my home or get out, get a job then start doing whatever foolishness you want to do. The problem really is that most parents these days are immature spoilt grown kids themselves trying to bring up their own kids without knowing how to.

A lot of kids all they hear at home for one is dad reeling at mom with swear words every time their mouth opens. How can a kid growing under such irresponsible parent now turn round and says its the society. Well, at least politicians are beginning to understand that the breakdown of the home and family structure with dad and mum under the same roof is almost non existence. Well, not having a go at you suttar just don't believe the blame lies on the individuals a lone.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
  6. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

onoski, I totally agree with you, and in most cases your right its lack of disciplining that is the main issue

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Too much discipline can have a negative effect also.

My manager daughter for example has gone of the rails, expelled from school, drinks, generally misbehaves.

My managers Wife is a head teacher so they are not poor but they are not rich.

They have tried everything with her to calm her behaviour the only time she stopped was when they took her clothes away and only left her with her school uniform to wear.

She has been found begging outside a supermarket and tries to get into nightclubs and she is only 14.

She gets a decent amount of pocket money.

So she doesn't have it bad, so she couldn't use that as an excuse, I think that because she looks young for her age, she has played the fool at school and got into the wrong crowd and because she is with the wrong crowd her behaviour has gone from bad to worse.

My manager has said to me sometimes his daughter will ask him for something he says no so she asks the mother and she says yes, parents need to be 100% commited and have the same answers and conclusions otherwise kids see it if there isn't and exploit it.

It isn't always the parents fault, I believe some people are just born bad, some learn bad behaviour, some watch bad behaviour and copy it, the latter I think is a psychological thing and it doesn't matter about wealth, class or background.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

sorry mate but i have to dissagree, sometimes the only thing that gets through is violence, i dont condone violence but if someone is constantly vandalising my car or picking on my kids then so be it. When i was a kid i used to break windows etc smash bus stops up all in the name of "something to do", basicallly it was because i was a **** and hung around with a bunch of twats, if someone called police cause i was being a **** i couldnt care less but if someone came and threatened to kick my head in then i took notice.

Bottom line is smack them about.

As for the whole "poor people" crap thats going about, sparky is right, he should be able to park his car outside his house without fear of getting it smashed up, no doubt that poverty and crime are linked but lets just slow down here for a second.....when you are standing with a brick in your hand about to throw it through someones window is it your lack of money thats makes you decide to do it...no is it hell, its your inability to tell right from wrong...and thats got **** all to do with poverty.

just think though, if you knew the owner of the car would come and find you and apply some pain to you it would make you think twice.

bottom line is smack them about.:twisted:

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE
  9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Originally posted by:greenbrucelee;
    It isn't always the parents fault, I believe some people are just born bad, some learn bad behaviour, some watch bad behaviour and copy it, the latter I think is a psychological thing and it doesn't matter about wealth, class or background

Whilst the majority of your post is very true it still is to a large extent the responsibility of the parent. We are all bad and selfish human beings by nature. However, through displine and not self will we can become responsible human beings regardless and not wanting our own way at the expense of others.

Phychologically, though you cannot make a person do what they don't intend or want to do and thats the hardest part. Remember, we're ain't robots:)

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

My mum fostered 28 kids in 25 years 4 of us long term (including me) there was one of the long term kids called William who was very intelligent but was borne pure bad. He was put through a private school by my foster parent because of his intelligence and was also in the year above for his age group.

But he stole, he took drugs, he mugged people eventually he went back into care at 16 after threatening to kill my mum, he was born evil and from what I heard he stayed that way.

When he was 18 he joined the Army he was arrested by MPs whilst on leave for taking a gun of base with ammo.

He had a good upbringing, better than what he would have done if he had lived with his real family but he was born bad.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

When you were a kid, yes. These days? No. I've read in the paper about young kids, aged 12-15, stabbing fully grown adults to death. If you retaliate it only gets worse and it ends up like a snowball effect. If you attack a young teen who has smashed your car or picked on your child, their parents, family and friends will come after you - unless they're from a better background than grown up chavs. Kicking them in only gets you into trouble with their groups and the police, it's not worth it.

If I did see some thugs wrecking my car though, I would go charging out with a hockey stick and lay waste to them. :twisted:

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  12. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

i do see your point mate, if i lived in london i wouldnt do it but where i live their isnt many stabbings and no shootings, depends on your circumstances i guess

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE