1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My utter dismay at Preplogic

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by SimonD, Apr 22, 2010.

1. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Having recently purchased their MegaGuides when they were up for 1$ per guide I was inundated with emails and voicemails (4, in one week) telling me I had made a mistake and surely I wanted to buy this as well (x product but all related to the MCITP).

One email to two different 'Account Managers' explaining that I was already on my MCITP, that I had only purchased the guides because they were so cheap and asking to be removed from their mailing list I knew I was grasping at straws if I thought I had heard the last of them.

Yesterday I got another email from one of the Account Managers advising me of the great deals they had on. Again another email was send advising that I now had my MCITP, didn't need anything further from them and to please PLEASE remove me from their mailing list. One reply later, apologising and telling me that I had been removed from the list.

Today, 1 missed call, 1 answered call to which I started to say 'I thought I said in my last email that I was already MC..... ' phone call was dropped. Later on I checked my email... another mail from PrepLogic.

My word of advice, if you have to use them, use a burn email account (ie throw away), don't give them your phone number and don't accept any crap from them.
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I understand your feelings as it's a pain to keep getting e-mails that are irrelevant after purchasing what's required. To be honest I still get e-mails from preplogic even after a year of buying their $1 guides as well test exam engine for 70-291.

I have got to the point as soon as I see their e-mails it doesn't get read but deleted straight away:)
    Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Took me five goes to stop their emails, the same with Transcender too.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I know what you mean... I'm happy with their products, but not their sales calls. You just got to be firm with them :)

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

that is dissapointing; I have found their stuff quite good in the past. know what you mean about a "drop" address. anyone tried unsubscribing from easyjet? :)
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If that sort of thing ever happens with Boson - and I don't suspect it will - please let me know and I'll make it right.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck with getting off.

Five eh? You're lucky, it took me 8 months with them sending me at least 2 mails per week.
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685