My intro to everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by joe public, May 24, 2008.

1. joe public

joe public New Member

Hello!:biggrin

Firstly,what great site;I've been viewing it for a while without actually contributing,but thought it was about time I did.

I've been in and out of I T for several years,having gained a variety of experience in pc/server installation and config,project roll-outs,1st and 2nd line support and a spot of networking.I did my MCSE in NT (and a few MCP's) back in 2000,so that's way out of date now I expect.

I'm hoping to find my way back into a steady mainstream I T job now;having worked for myself doing break/fix and home pc repairs for a few years I now want to work for a larger organisation again.At the age of 41 :( I'm hoping I won't be considered too old,and have no problem taking a low paid entry level job if needs be,although I do have some good experience.Where I live now is rural though and I T jobs/work aren't plentiful.

I'm looking at taking a few certs (A+ and N+,possibly CCNA) to update my skillset and become more attractive to employers;I'm also realistic enough to realise that I T doesn't always pay that well until sufficient relevant experience is gained-some of these training courses offering a pot of gold for achieving a certification are very misleading.

Anyway,I have loads of questions for you all so I'll post them in the relevant sections and look forward to communicating with you.

All the best,Joe.

Certifications: MCSE (NT) MCP's
    WIP: A+,Net+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome :)

I would say with your experience a training course wouldn't be neccesary you could self study unless you wanted to do a course.

Updating your certs and getting some new ones would be a good idea :)

Good luck.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. videoman

videoman Bit Poster

Hi and welcome. I am just hopefully starting out on some form of certification at 48 years old after a number of years dabbling with computers so you have a head start with your age and existing knowledge and experience.

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:) on the aspects on certs I'd say with your experience as GBL stated go for the self study route and you should be fine as well as save money.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!