1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My final shot at 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DaveyB1981, May 9, 2009.

1. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

So, having failed my 70-271 on two previous occasions, i found myself with a second shot voucher left over from the second attempt. In my personal situation, i felt that MCDST is desirable, but not essential. I had already passed 70-272 and for some reason was struggling with 271. Having done a LOT of revision for my second go and vastly improving my score to just below a pass, i did feel there was unfinished business. Knowing that i have other (more appropriate) routes to get where i want to go, i made the decision that i would have one final go. It happened that i was going to be in Manchester (where i sit my exams) the following Friday, so booked myself in for that day, giving myself one week to revise.

After the week of re-reading my notes, the day came to face what was proving to be my nemesis. I arrived at the test centre early and got taken in for my exam. Having clicked on the "start exam" icon, i decided to scribble down some notes on what i could remember, so that i could refer back later. I wrote about a page of A4 and then looked at the screen. To my dismay, there was a message on the screen telling me that the NDA had timed out. I went to see if i could sign back in but no joy, my name was greyed out. I decided to alert staff at the centre. The lady exited the application and signed in again. Again, no joy. The lady then left saying that she needed to make a call to prometric. So there i was, a bag of nerves, feeling like i was going to go back to work on Monday to tell my colleagues that i wasnt even able to sit the exam.

After what seemed to be an age (but was only around 10 minutes), the lady came back into the room. Prometric had done a reset and i was able to sign in. At last i was able to sit my exam.

Oh, my score? 799. Get in.

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Nice one... Congrats... What's next?

3. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Kinda wanna get cracking on Cisco...but then i also feel i should get 70-270 out of the way due to the crossover.

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  4. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Good idea mate, loads of people have commented 270 is very similar but generally harder that 271/272. Congrats on ya pass

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congratulations!!! 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  7. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats on your MCDST!:rocks

Great story and good luck with Cisco or 270!

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE