My final shot at 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DaveyB1981, May 9, 2009.

1. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

So, having failed my 70-271 on two previous occasions, i found myself with a second shot voucher left over from the second attempt. In my personal situation, i felt that MCDST is desirable, but not essential. I had already passed 70-272 and for some reason was struggling with 271. Having done a LOT of revision for my second go and vastly improving my score to just below a pass, i did feel there was unfinished business. Knowing that i have other (more appropriate) routes to get where i want to go, i made the decision that i would have one final go. It happened that i was going to be in Manchester (where i sit my exams) the following Friday, so booked myself in for that day, giving myself one week to revise.

After the week of re-reading my notes, the day came to face what was proving to be my nemesis. I arrived at the test centre early and got taken in for my exam. Having clicked on the "start exam" icon, i decided to scribble down some notes on what i could remember, so that i could refer back later. I wrote about a page of A4 and then looked at the screen. To my dismay, there was a message on the screen telling me that the NDA had timed out. I went to see if i could sign back in but no joy, my name was greyed out. I decided to alert staff at the centre. The lady exited the application and signed in again. Again, no joy. The lady then left saying that she needed to make a call to prometric. So there i was, a bag of nerves, feeling like i was going to go back to work on Monday to tell my colleagues that i wasnt even able to sit the exam.

After what seemed to be an age (but was only around 10 minutes), the lady came back into the room. Prometric had done a reset and i was able to sign in. At last i was able to sit my exam.

Oh, my score? 799. Get in.

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Nice one... Congrats... What's next?

3. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Kinda wanna get cracking on Cisco...but then i also feel i should get 70-270 out of the way due to the crossover.

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Good idea mate, loads of people have commented 270 is very similar but generally harder that 271/272. Congrats on ya pass

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congratulations!!! 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats on your MCDST!:rocks

Great story and good luck with Cisco or 270!

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE