1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Much difference between N+ N10-003/004

Discussion in 'Network+' started by gazberg, Dec 3, 2010.

1. gazberg

gazberg Bit Poster

Hello all,

Worked through some study guides from various sources and am ready to take the exam however what i have only just noticed, like a true dolt, is that the guides i have worked from are from 2008. I understand that the N+ exam and objectives were updated in 2009.

Do you happen to know if there is much difference, i have the money and the option to take the exam on Dec2 3rd and become lifetime certified however i would not want to take this exam if there is a lot of difference as it's quite a pricy exam and if it is a lot different i'd rather start again than fail and be broke for christmas.

Any help much appreciated.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

A lot of the older networking technologies are not in it any more i.e IPX/SPX but there is a lot more IPv6 and sunetting.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. gazberg

gazberg Bit Poster

Thanks for that, i'll use the exam money to buy a book and take it next year. :D

4. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

The book by Lammle did a great job of preparing me for mine. If you get it with a CD there are quite a few practice questions. I'd also suggest getting a good practice exam. I learned and reinforced a lot with the uCertify one. Unfortunately, Boson (which makes good exams) doesn't have one form the current version.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple